Mom and all that was

Hey again everyone. Glad to see we're all still here (I guess I am anyway, no offense I'm just not sure we're in a better place than Mom, honestly.)

I'm still very wounded by her passing. I wish I could say I'm better, and I probably am, but right now, tonight, it doesn't feel like I'm any better. Matter of fact, it feels worse than last year right this minute.

I wanted to share a story about Mom. Cameron (Krisna) was probably about five years old so I would have been around the 23 to 24 year old range. I used to come over to Mom and Dad's house and play with him. He was a dumbass kid (really slow; no just kidding) and I would come over and play "He Man" with him. For those of you who don't know, He Man was an action figure (doll, Cam used to hate for me to call him a "doll") that was the arch-enemy to Skeletor and they had this completely cool castle that Skeletor owned (he was mortgaged up to the ass but didn't care because he was a badass).

Anyway, I'd come over some afternoons and play with the little shit and this castle had a fantastic microphone thing that would make this incredible "reverb" sound. So we'd get into it and he'd kick my ass and I'd get on the microphone when I'd had enough and say "He Man wears panties", to which Cameron would reply "hey man shut up, he doesn't wear panties". It truly disturbed him.

Mom would sit in the living room or kitchen and laugh and say, "Reese, you are SO good with him".

Several years later, my wife gave birth to my son. I was scared to death to touch him because I thought I would hurt him, he was so small, so fragile, so vulnerable. My mom came up to me in the hospital and asked, "why aren't you holding him more?" and I told her I was scared I would hurt him. She said, "are you crazy? You handled your little brother like he was your own and you're scared of hurting your OWN?" like I was stupid or something.

All she could do was smile at me and act like I was a dumbass (which I was) and I simply got over it and couldn't put the little fella down from that point on.

There are three points to make here:

1. He Man still wears panties.

2. My little brother has grown into a fantastic grown man and I'm proud of him like you can't believe.

3. My mom was right. She usually was even when it was twisted logic like thinking I was taking care of Cameron as my own just by telling him that his "He Man" wore panties.

This is why I miss her so much. I hope you all remember her as I do and never forget what a wonderful person she was, even when she chapped the lips of some of those around her. I love her, always have, always will.

Stay with us Mama, we miss you...

El Reeso

Comments

Anonymous said…
Haha. This is great, man. I love this story.

But get it right. He-Man does not wear panties. They're just short shorts! Stop emasculating my hero!

LOL

Popular Posts