The smile that could launch a thousand ships

That is what I remember most about my Nina. Her smile. For those of you who don't know my name is Kyler and I was Nina's grandson. I would have posted sooner than now but unfortunately time has been an issue for me as of late. But.... better late than never. In case there are people out there reading this that didn't know Nina personally then let me tell you this...... Nina could light a dark room with her smile and laugh. Even if you felt down and out and it felt like your life would never get any better.... Nina would laugh and make the rain go away. Even in her earlier years..... I watched some home footage of 2 of my birthdays when I was 2 and 3. About every five minutes would go by and then you would hear it. Her laguh. I think my Nina trully loved life and I think it killed her to see what the world had become. She was rarely in a bad mood and when she was it was because she felt there was some injustice out in the world that she couldn't change. I honestly think if Nina had her way that she would have taken all the bad out of the world. But even though she couldn't do that she did many times take the bad out of my world. For that I will be forever greatful to her.

Comments

ana maria said…
Dear Kyler, how I wish I could have heard that laughter! I'm sure your Nina is laughing and smiling right now with your post.

I love the subject of your post, by the way, and I also like how you called her: Nina. This word, in Catalan (my language, in the north west of Spain) means "doll". :-)
Rick said…
What a wonderful post, Kyler, and beautifully written. I think you captured the essence of Nina for sure. I'm glad you found the time, and took the time, to share that will us.

And thank you, Ana Maria, for letting us know what "Nina" means. How very fitting!

Popular Posts