from Paula

I was driving home from my sister's yesterday and saw a woman walking across a bridge toward my car. It was an odd place to see someone walking and I looked at her closely.

She looked like Brooks, but with gray hair. She looked at me, gave me a big smile, and a peace sign. I just had this warm feeling, Brooks just flashed me a peace sign. Cool.

This morning I got Krisna's email inviting people to put remembrances on the blog in honor of her birthday, mother's day, and six months since her passing. All I can say is that Brooks is still with us. (and they must not sell red hair dye in heaven) Love and peace to all of Brooks's loved ones. Paula Munro, Kansas City

Comments

Rick said…
Oh, yeah! Way cool. I do believe Brooks did smile and flash you the peace sign. Her spirit is in every joyous moment that comes our way. And while we may never find another Brooks, your encounter is a telling sign that there are other people out there who express her spirit. That's promising for those of us who have grown a bit cynical; it reminds me that I don't have to cling to my sisters memory but can be content that her essence lives on in others if I'm open enough to recognize them. (My sister would be most critical of me if I didn't remain open to that reality.) Thanks for the reminder that life still contains all the joy that Brooks found and shared.
Jon R. said…
I agree with Rick. In fact, many of Brooks's and my conversations were about strange events that point to our knowing very little about the reality we live in, or think we live in. When my friend David died, for about two weeks I had an uncanny feeling of his watching over me, and a couple of "strange" events took place that supported that feeling. I have no doubt that, in some way, Brooks flashed you that peace sign. And isn't it just like her!

Popular Posts