Life's stages



Hello, again. Sorry I haven't gotten back to this in awhile, but I'm new at this blogger stuff. That was my sister's area of expertise... one of them, anyway. Just one more reason I wish she was still here, to point out (with great glee, I'm sure) where I'm being a dolt.

As I said in the last entry, I'm going to add a few pictures of a couple of tables and easels that were spread with pictures of Brooks at different times of her life. Even thought I grew up with Brooks I found it fascinating to look over this "record" of her life stages, and perhaps you will, too.

Most of our acquaintances we only know at certain times of their lives; as children, as young adults just getting their lives started, as co-workers in their middle years, or as "that nice old man next door" (or in some cases "that old @#$ next door"). Seldom do we get a chance to peek into those other stages, and I'm always fascinated when I get the chance to do so.

I hope you feel the same about this chance to see Brooks in the various stages of her life.
By the way, the picture at the top of this entry was Brooks in 1945. She's holding me.




Comments

TJ said…
just amazing how many differnt faces one person can have! All of them adorable and vibrant and hiding that joyful heart...WOW!
thank you again for sharing!!!!!
( a word hit me just now, but I can't really spell it out...was it peanut, peanut butter or Butter-Cup? anyway, if one of those words was an endearment...then she sends her gratitude too...y.f.)
Anonymous said…
Hey TJ,

Thanks for showing so much love for Mom. Just curious, how did y'all two know one another?
Rick said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
I love the photos! Thank you for showing us the many sides of Brooks!! For those of us who were unable to attend the memorial service for Brooks, can you please identify the people in the photos? I have no idea which ones are her kids, boyfriend etc.
Anonymous said…
Wow, these pictures of Brooks are awesome. Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures of Brooks and her family.

Thanks for keeping this blog going.
I sure miss the others and hope to be able to see them again.

I will never forget the smile on Brooks' face as well as her unique laugh.
Rick said…
Kris is working to find a way to get the original blog back in place. Unfortunately, even though we've got a full backup of Brooks' blog, restoring it to the site is not as simple as it ought to be and is taking longer than any of us would like. It will happen. She had 3 years worth of entries that I know many people would like to return to now and again, so we're not going to let it slide. Thanks for your thoughts and interest. We appreciate it.

Popular Posts