MY BIRTHDAY!

I had a really wonderful day. To begin with, I slept a full 8 hours last night, something I never do, and I woke feeling very good, to a very beautiful, sunshiny day. My friend, Nancy, started my day with a nice phone call and by 1:00 I was showered and downstairs to meet Tom and Glenn so we could meet Jackie for lunch at the Red Lobster restaurant. We visited and laughed and stuffed ourselves on good food. There's nothing much better than breaking bread with good and dear friends like these three.

This afternoon and evening I talked to all three of my kids and my grandson, Kyler, who just graduated from high school. Then UPS delivered a wonderful gift from my daughter and son-in-law...something Scott has wanted to get me, I'm told. It's an MP3 player...kind of like an IPOD I think...so I can download music and my favorite talk radio show, Coast to Coast with George Noory. I listen to the radio show every night from midnight til whatever time I drift off to sleep. I've occasionally been able to hang in there til it ends at 5:00 am, but usually I miss half or more of it. Now I'll be able to download the program and listen to it in the daytime. If you want to check out this really great program, go to their website at http://www.coasttocoastam.com . It's a very smart program which runs the gamut of on-air interviews and call-ins, from the newest technology to ghosts, aliens, Area 51, religion, and conspiracy theories. It's not as kookie as it may sound, but I will say you need an open mind to enjoy the dialogue.

Anyway...today was a good day, proving that getting older is really not all that bad.

1 comments:

Terri said...

Happy Birthday Brookes!!! Glad you had a great one. :o)
Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Comments

Popular Posts