BIG DOO-INS

It's been too long since my last posting, but I was busy retiring from my PT job at the law school. And before that I was busy seeing my way through to the end of semester finals. I'm finally done and I'm very, very glad to have a career behind me. There really are some plusses to this aging process. Tomorrow is my birthday. I'm getting to be an old gal, but I can claim status as a Wise Woman Crone and that's a good thing. I'm waiting with Lucy's "The Doctor is in - 5 cents" sign so that the world can come to me and ask for all my wisdom. Ah hem.

This weekend I spent many hours toiling away at an art project called a "Fat Book". The pictures are little 4 x 4s and anywhere from 50 to 65 people join in for the swap so that by the end of the project you get an entire little watercolor book completed by by 50 or more different artists. It's a neat idea. On the other hand, 50 different pictures can be daunting if you think about it long enough so I just jumped in and started. You know what? I think I actually have about 48 completed and I'm posting some of them here tonight.

I've also joined a really neat puzzle art group with sort of the same premise. Someone buys a puzzle, announces a theme and you sign up to do a piece of the puzzle. I have seen some of the most exquisite art done on these little puzzle pieces that I've seen anywhere. The sad thing is that you send the exquisite little piece you've done to someone else...but the happy thing is that when you post a puzzle theme you get an entire puzzle back, to frame and display.

These nice little groups have prompted me to jump in and re-learn my art. Art is like anything else...if you don't use it, you lose it...especially your confidence. So I think this is good for me and I'm definitely having fun.

Comments

Popular Posts