My Kid's Birthday

Wow. My first born is 43 today. That must make me...hmmmm...old. No, I choose not to be old, but to be wise...a Crone...a title available only to those women over 50 who have learned a few things from life. Crones are in a position to share their knowledge and I'm definitely old enough to have earned that right. So Reese is now in his middle years, though I still think of him as a kid.

There have been ups and downs these past couple of weeks. My children's father is terribly sick and in the hospital for the second time in two weeks. We have been divorced since 1989, but because of our children, we have remained, to some degree, a part of each other's lives. We lived together long enough that he is a family member to me and I remain concerned about his well-being, so his failing health has been unsettling to me. I hate this for him.

I've made some good new friends through some of the Yahoo groups I enjoy. Barbara and Dick. We all have health issues in common and I've thoroughly enjoyed these new long-distance friendships that are developing. Isn't it a strange world when we can make friends with perfect strangers over the Internet?

I'm posting another piece of art tonight...Reverie...another of those contemplative pieces I sometimes do. I have not been very creative this month because of all the extraneous stuff buzzing through my head and life. But I'll get back to it at my usual pace when I can settle my mind again.

Comments

Popular Posts