At the end of the day...

Here I am sitting up again at midnight. I think I'm so afraid I'll miss out on something absolutely wonderful that I avoid going to bed at night until I'm so exhausted my shoulders hurt. I just finished uploading a few more pieces of art, but I wanted to add a few lines just for myself, sans art.

I got rid of a big sofa this week...just gave it away to someone in the my building. I HAVE to make more room for myself. So I'm left with a small loveseat and a comfy recliner in my living room, a desk I can't live without and a 36" square table that serves as a dining table, but is usually covered up with artwork. Maybe I can get this room into a more manageable condition now.

I did not get a diagnosis last week...a fact which frustrates me no end. I have some fibrosis, multiple "bleps" and a small "not to be concerned about" nodule, but according to the doc, nothing which should be creating this severe difficulty with my breathing. So, more tests. I'll be going Friday to the Pulmonary folks at the hospital, where they will do some additional breathing tests. Aaaargh. I'm tired of tests.

But life is fairly uncomplicated for me when put alongside the life of my ex-husband of 32 years. He's been in the hospital with pneumonia this week, getting sick literally on the eve of a long distance move from Tennessee to Oklahoma. He fell from his truck after getting stuck in the mud. No telling how long he laid on the cold, wet, muddy ground before he was discovered with pneumonia. He's okay now, relatively speaking, but his condition is tenuous at best. He has some dementia, a serious prescribed drug addiction due to strokes and pain in his extremities, and and is generally in poor health. I'm sorry that he has to end his life in this way. Aging is a difficult thing for most of us and his definitely hasn't gone well.

So I try to remain postive and a little upbeat even though there are some little clouds hanging around my head. It could be worse and I do take great comfort from my art and writing and friends.

Oh, and I got a lovely comment...post...from Terri, who viewed my blog and shared her own angst with me. I have to tell you, Terri, that life is truly a trip and I think our art is sort of like a roadmap that is a depiction of some of the paths we've taken. Very cathartic, isn't it?

Comments

Popular Posts