FIRST ENTRY

I want this blog space, but am unsure how I will proceed. Art and musings...so I will want to show my art, which means I'll have to get out my camera and start clicking away. Getting back into my art has definitely become rather obsessive of late...which is preferable to staying in my head about politics and health issues all the time. Those are both topics over which I have little or no control and I over-think and over-analyze and drive myself to distraction.

The art I've been doing has been a nice release and after a few weeks I am finally beginning to lose some of my 'up-tightness' and get loose and free again. While I am obsessed about art...what to do, ideas, how to do, materials and tools, etc., I find that I am still thinking more than doing. I've jumped into Altered Books and gluebooks, both new endeavors for me. I've also done several small (5 x 7) canvasses using acryllics for the first time. They're very different from oils, so I'm in the learning process. I've also done some watercolors and haven't done too badly, though it's a difficult media. The interesting thing this time around is that I'm using a more mixed media approach and have incorporated watercolors, acryllics, gouache, pen and ink, fibers, collage and pastels in my work. It seems that using all these different mediums gives me more freedom and the ability to turn out pieces with more abandon and less intensity or fretting.

1 comments:

Terri said...

Hi there,

I love your blog and will be adding it to my list of favourites. Your art is amazing. I can see similarities in the way we think - your first entry here is very similar to one I wrote about Breakthroughs. We must be in a similar space right now! I'll watch your journey with interest. :o) Keep up the great work.
Sunday, February 27, 2005

Comments

Popular Posts